NET Exam 2018: Every year the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts The National Eligibility Test (NET) for all eligible applicants from around the country. After qualifying this exam you will have the opportunity to become Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges.
Applicants those who are interested to work in departments PSUs like science (R&D), management, human resources, corporate communications, finance, etc. You can submit your application tentatively in the month of July 2018 for which the examination will be conducted around 90 centers in India.
CBSE conducts NET exam twice in a year i.e January and July. Below you can read full information related to UGC NET July 2018, NET Exam Date, NET Exam Pattern, NET Exam 2018 Application Form, UGC NET Log In, NET Exam Admit Card and CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number given below etc given below.
NET Exam 2018 Application Form Important Dates
|Online Application Submission starts from||August 2018|
|Deadline for Applying Online||September 2018|
|Deadline of Fee submission through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC BANK)|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website|
|Admit Card availability||3rd week of Oct 2018|
|Date of Examination||November 2018|
UGC NET Eligibility
If you are submitting NET Exam 2018 Application Form for UGC NET July 2018, please check all criteria of eligibility before you proceed.
- You must hold master’s degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC with the minimum of 55% for general and 50% for reserved category candidates.
- If you are appearing in final year of qualifying exam can also submit NET Exam 2018 Application Form for UGC NET July 2018.
- If you are waiting for the result or exam is delayed can also appear in the exam provided they pass with required %age marks in their PG exam within 2 years from the date on which NET exams result is declared.
- If you are holding a Ph.D. and completed Master’s level examination by 19th September 1991 will get relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks in qualifying exam. (minimum 50% for general and 45% for reserved category candidates.
- If you are holding post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/diploma/ Institute or foreign degree/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute then please ensure that your qualification matches with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- For JRF: For General category applicants maximum age is 28 years on 1 July 2018.
- Applicants who were involved in research work will be offered relaxation in age equal to the time spent on research work but cannot exceed 5 years.
- For OBC (Non- creamy layer), SC/ST/PWD, Women applicant, maximum age is 33 years on 1 July 2018.
- Applicants holding an LLM degree will get 3 years relaxation in maximum age.
- For Associate Professor: There is no bar in upper age limit.
No need to appear in UGC NET July 2018 if
- You are holding a Ph. D. under Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of the Ph. D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 of UGC
- If you have qualified UGC/CSIR JRF examination before 1989.
- You have qualified States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held before 1st June 2002 can apply for Assistant Professor in any University in India.
- You must have qualified SET held after 1st June 2002 can apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where you have qualified SET.
UGC NET 2018 Application Fee
- For General Category: Rs. 600/-
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): Rs. 300/-
- For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 150/-
- You can pay your NET Exam 2018 application form fee via credit/ debit card or through e- challan only. There will be No other mode of payment will be accepted. Please note if you are paying through e-challan payment should be made in Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/HDFC Bank only.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
NET Exam Pattern
The question paper is divided into three parts- Paper I, Paper II and Paper III. All the three papers will be Objective Type.
- PaperI: Paper I consist of 60 MCQs out of which you have to answer only 50 questions. Each single question will carry 2 marks thus total marks for Paper I are 100. You will get 1 hour 15 minutes for the paper I and which will be conducted in the morning from 9:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.
- Questions in Paper I is comprised of comprehension, divergent thinking, reasoning ability and general awareness. It is intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- Paper II: There will be 50MCQs in Paper II. You have to answer all 50 questions. Each question will carry 2 marks. Total marks for Paper II are 100. You will get 1 hour 15 minutes to complete your exam. Paper II will start from 11:15 A.M. to 12:30 PM.
- You will get questions according to your subjects chosen by the applicants.
- Paper III: Paper III is consist of 75 MCQs. There will be no choice, you have to answer all 75 questions. The question paper is consists of 150 marks. You will get 2 hours 30 minutes to solve paper IIIrd. The timings for this exam is 2:00 PM and end at 4:30 PM.
How to submit the application for NET Exam 2018?
You can submit your application only through Online mode on the official website cbse.
Please be ready with the scanned copy of following documents:
- Recent Passport size photograph in JPG format of size 4kb to 40 kb ( 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Scanned Signature of applicants in JPG format of size 4kb to 30 kb (3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height))
After you fill all the required information correctly and successful payment of NET Exam 2018 application form fee via debit/credit card or by e-challan on the official website www.cbsenet.nic.in, print the Confirmation Page for future reference.
Check below how to download CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number
You may please note that no admit will be sent personally to any one by post or emial. You can easily download the admit card from the officila website. If you lost your form no than also you can download your CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number.
To Download your CBSE UGC NET Admit Card July 2018 you have to login to the cbsenet portal. You have to enter your application number and password, your admit card will be displayed on the screen. Take the print out of your admit card.
How can you check CSIR Net Admit Card without form number?
If in any case you forgot your roll no/form no., don’t get panic, there are ways to generate CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number. Follow some steps to generate your admit card:
- First of all, you have to use the link “Forgot form No.” provided in the official website of CSIR NET.
- You have to fill the details like your registered your E-mail Id and date of birth.
- Your form no is being sent to your email ID, you can use that no to download your CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number.
For further updates keep reading NET Exam 2018 Application Form and How you can check CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number.
UGC NET Result July 2018
Keep visiting this page for UGC NET Result July 2018.
Criteria for making NET result/ Cutoff percentage, Cutoff Marks
The criteria for preparation of result for UGC NET Result July 2018 is as follows.
- Please check the following table. The minimum marks needed in each of the three papers for JRF and Asst is summarized below:
|Category||Minimum Marks to be obtained|
|Paper I||Paper II||Paper III|
|BC (Non-creamy layer) PWD/SC/ST||35 /100||35/100||60 /150|
2. A merit list of aggregate marks of all three papers will be prepared both subject wise and category wise of all the applicants (who score minimum marks more as shown in the above table).
Merit for Assistant Professor: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list, will be declared NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
Minimum Merit For JRF: JRF awardee will be selected from Top 15% candidates based on a mathematical formula.
For further updates keep reading NET Exam 2018 Application Form and CSIR Net Admit Card Without Form Number and visiting our blog oneindianet.com